Update by user Jan 06, 2017

I was using the ladder to paint my bedroom & the ladder collapsed causing me to fall and a great deal of pain. They did several x-rays of my hip, cack and left knee. No fractures found but have had a great deal of pain with very limited mobility.

Original review posted by user Jan 05, 2017

I was painting on my Werner Ladder with the paint tray out and it collapsed due to the hinge breaking. I fell onto my back and left leg.

Going to get xray today I hope. I was in such sever pain I could begin to get up for 10 minutes, but I was all tangled up in the ladder and couldn't get away from it. I still cannot bear weight on my left leg and my back and hip hurt also.

I read the products hinges were made with pot metal and there have been many consumer complaints about them breaking for no reason. I felt like there was no reason this should have happened either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Werner Ladder Ladder.

Reason of review: To be alive..

Comments

I went to eye doctir in June 2017 with sudden onset blurred vision. He asked if I had fallen or had an accident revently.

I said in January 2017 I hit my head on dresser & hurt my leg badly from ladder breaking. He said a piece of the tisdue inside the eye had been hanging attavhed & finally dislodged causing my center vision pronlems.

A "large floater". I still have it now & it's February 2018 no improvement with treatment.

File a complaint with the CPSC.

to Anonymous #1432182

How does one file a claim? Email me blane1_2@yahoo.com. Thank you.

to bethlane #1554443

Go to CPSC.gov and on their main page is a link (right side, middle of page) to Report an Unsafe Product. Click on the link and then click on consumer.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1266621

Did you exceed the weight limit?

to LadyScot #1432181

I weigh 140 lbs. No I did not exceed weight limit.