I had just stepped onto the second step when the support leg of the 5' aluminum ladder collapsed causing me to fall and hit my head.A rush visit to the ER resulted in 4 staples to close the wound.

Bills are over $2500.00 and still coming. I bought this ladder at Home Depot about 4 years ago.

I only use this ladder a few time each year usually to get stored items off of a shelf above my work bench.I still have the ladder and am contemplating taking it back to Home Depot for all customers and employees to see.

Review about: Werner Ladder Aluminum Ladder.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Werner Ladder?

Comments

File a report with the CPSC.Keep the ladder as your proof.

The Werner ladder I was using failed. I suffered multiple leg fractures. My medical bills approx. $80,000.

Recalls will not happen unless consumers report failure to the CPSC. A week after my injury, a man had suffered similar injuries with the exact same ladder as the ladder I was using. The Company is useless, they offered me a replacement ladder. Get an attorney asap.

I just assumed I would heal 100% and didn't contact an attorney until a few months before the expiration of the statute of limitations (he said he would take my case and then backed out a week before the expiration).My accident was 2.5 years ago and I am still not 100% recovered - still lacking range of motion and strength.