I had just stepped onto the second step when the support leg of the 5' aluminum ladder collapsed causing me to fall and hit my head. A rush visit to the ER resulted in 4 staples to close the wound.

Bills are over $2500.00 and still coming. I bought this ladder at Home Depot about 4 years ago.

I only use this ladder a few time each year usually to get stored items off of a shelf above my work bench. I still have the ladder and am contemplating taking it back to Home Depot for all customers and employees to see.

Review about: Werner Ladder Aluminum Ladder.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

File a report with the CPSC. Keep the ladder as your proof.

The Werner ladder I was using failed. I suffered multiple leg fractures. My medical bills approx. $80,000.

Recalls will not happen unless consumers report failure to the CPSC. A week after my injury, a man had suffered similar injuries with the exact same ladder as the ladder I was using. The Company is useless, they offered me a replacement ladder. Get an attorney asap.

I just assumed I would heal 100% and didn't contact an attorney until a few months before the expiration of the statute of limitations (he said he would take my case and then backed out a week before the expiration). My accident was 2.5 years ago and I am still not 100% recovered - still lacking range of motion and strength.